Friday, August 20, 2010

Under the Sea Bento and a toddler bento

I got both of Susan Yuen's books from Amazon a week or so ago and McKenna scours them almost every night to choose her theme for the next day's bento. She has been begging for an ocean themed bento but frankly looking at samples on the internet and in my books kinda scared me. McKenna is a perfectionist and has high standards for her mother. But last night I gave in partly because I knew I had a molded egg in a fish shape in the fridge that needed to be used soon. So begins my day with her up at 7:30 and again giving me the quarter hourly updates on the time. I promised her I would start lunch at 11:30 hoping the updates would cease. So I got things rolling as soon as she marched in front of me a tapped her watch precisely at 11:30. I got everything prepared and started to put the bento together...except the fish egg was missing...Did my DH eat the fish and leave a plain boring egg in it's place. UGH! So I improvised. And here's the results. She has goldfish, cherry tomato skewers, potsickers and sauce, blue tinted egg noodles, improvised fish egg, and a few grapes.




Kierstin also got a bento toddler-style. She has shredded turkey, heart shaped grilled montery jack cheese sandwiches, goldfish and quartered grapes. BTW, she loves tzatziki! She ate most of mine from my lunch on crackers and all of her lunch too!

No comments:

Post a Comment