Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Here we go!

I know I am running behind already. My dear friends have been officially working for 3 days now. They have been in meetings for the beginning of the year staff development. I thought about them a lot on Monday. I even got a few messages on FB that I was missed. Honestly, I missed my friends so much but not the meetings, rhetoric, and educationese. I can't believe that I am actually doing this. I mean...I am a very independent woman for the most part and I have given up a huge amount of control here. If you know me, you know I thrive on control. You also know that there are reasons that I need to be in control of everything, especially $$$$! Now I must depend on my wonderful husband, David, to take care of that part. I know he will and I trust him competely. He is a captain with HFD and his schedule allows him to easily pick up extra hours with his department and a local VFD. I am not scared, just a bit amazed at myself. I was always the teacher who said she could never be a SAHM. I am excited about what this year will bring for me and for my family. So now comes the time to introduce them. I already mentioned my DH, David. We have been married for 3 years and he truly *rescued* my heart. We met, were engaged, and married in the span of only 6 months! (Also very uncharacteristic of me!) He is the sweetest, kindest, most amazing husband, stepfather, and father! Lauren is my 13 year old daughter from my first marriage. She is gorgeous and I am not being biased. She has never taken a bad picture in her life. She is entering the 8th grade this year and is actually excited that I will be more available to her. I mean...what teenager wants her mother more involved in her life...*tear* McKenna is my 7 year old also from my first marriage. She is tiny, spunky, and keeps us in stitches around here. She is my pageant queen and my school junkie. She is also excited about my new job title but for different reasons...she thinks there will be fresh-baked cookies everyday when she gets off the bus. LOL! And finally (for now) there is Kierstin. She is 18 months old and is the adopted daughter of David and I. She has personality like no other. She is friendly, loves music of any kind, and is toally in LOVE with her daddy. With all of this said, I guess my adventure officially starts on Monday when my big girls go off to school for the first day. Please check back often as I am sure there will be humor, frustration, tears (happy and sad) , and lots of love to be shared.

1 comment:

  1. I am sooooo excited for you, David and the girls! Truly what a blessing having this year at home is going to be for all of you....I wish I could do the same (maybe one day). You are loved and you are missed. I am looking forward to living vicariously thru you this year as you get to be the super, stay at home mom that I dream of being!!!

    ReplyDelete