Wednesday, September 8, 2010

New Fur Baby!

The kids were our for Labor Day and Davy was home too. So we decided to go and get our newest family member. Meet Roxy aka Roxaboxen Memories. Roxaboxen is a book I always read to my class as an idea for writing about memories. It reminds me of my childhood and my grandparent's dairy farm. She is my early birthday present. I have had boxers in the past and love their personalities. They are so playful, loving, and protective (but not in a scary way). And yes she is white. White boxers are considered a defect and many are deaf. Roxy can definitely hear me on the stairs in the mornings so I am not worried about her hearing. She is 11 weeks old and was one of ten in her litter. The owners still have four left. Poor things was filthy and covered in fleas. She has settled into our family very well and is snoring on my leg as I type this. I am so excited about this addition!

No comments:

Post a Comment