Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Day 12 (Today!)

As I mentioned in my previous post, yesterday is poured here due to the remnents of Hermine. Kierstin, Roxy, and I were stuck in the house all day. Davy was at work at the volunteer fire station that he is on staff with and I was happy to be home with Kierstin and the new puppy but it was hard to stay on top of the puppy potty issues with it raining and being by myself! Our backyard is a bit of a mud pit due to the ever-digging of the lab so I didn't want to just push her outside to do her business. So I walked her in the rain in the front yard by the window so Kierstin could look out and see us. Mostly she yelled at me to go o'side, o'side. We survived and had no potty accidents until the teenager got home and was on puppy patrol. Why was she on duty?? B/c Kenna had homework, I needed to make a bento, and we had open house at her school that night. I survived open house largely due to the fact that Davy got someone to come in for a few hours so he could go to open house with us. Isn't he the best??? I know;) At our jr high open house, parents are required to visit each class with a change time of 5 minutes just like the kids. Not a big deal until you are trying to drag a toddler from one end of the school to the other with all the other families. Then imagine sitting for a presentation in each class with a noisy, fussy toddler. Yep, he saved me again! Husband of the year 3 years running:) Back to the teenager...Lauren has a rude awakening coming this year I think. She has never had to read or study to make good grades. But these 8th grade teachers seem tough. She is taking a high school credit health course and has a test today. Is it evil of me to hope she bombs it to prove my point that you might actually need to read the chapter??? I'll keep you posted.

Now to Mc's bento for today. It's a bird theme. Can you see it? She has pirate booty, leftover summer sausage and cojack chunks, raspberries, blackberries, an a mini cream cheese bagel with sugar eyes, havarti cheese, and raspberry details.

No comments:

Post a Comment